Monday, May 13, 2013

Mint Leaf Lace Scarf

Oh the delight of fresh leaves in Spring! It is such a joy to watch the new season as the leaves come out on the trees! Here is a fresh leafed scarf that I designed! It features lovely leaves in the center panel and diamonds and mock cable along the sides.Try this pattern using KnitPicks Palette fingering weight yarn in that wonderful color--wonderland heather--a sweet mint color! Here are links to find the pattern for Purchase and download.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/mint-leaf-lace-scarf

http://www.craftsy.com/pattern/knitting/accessory/mint-leaf-lace-scarf/54892
























6 comments:

  1. I really love the center panel on this scarf. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I thought it had more definition to the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Help! I am having trouble with row 1 of the 2nd chart. Unless I am misunderstanding one of the stitches, it requires more than the 51 stitches I have on the needles. I keep ending up 4 stitches short of what I need to complete the row.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On that row, there 1 stitch on each side panel that will be decreased when you slip and pass it over the next 2 stitches according to the Mock Cable Stitch. This happens on both side panels. On the next row you work a yarn over in there that brings you stitch count back up. On the other hand maybe you are losing a stitch from the knit into stitch below. There are 4 of these.You should not lose a stitch there. Or maybe you did not do a yarn over where one should be!

      If you have more trouble e-mail me with my address which is at the top of the pattern!

      Delete
  4. I am having the same problem after working row 1, I end up with 4 extra stitches for row 2. I am counting 11 increases (st 5, 9, 18, 19, 23, 25, 27, 33, 34, 43, & 47) but only 9 decreases (st 10, 14, 24 [2 st decrease], 26, 30 [2 st decrease],36, & 44) decreases. I have gone back several times and end up with the same amount of stitches. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great article Lot's of information to Read...Great Man Keep Posting and update to People..Thanks
    Skull Scarves UK

    ReplyDelete